Friday 22 November 2013

Catching Fire Fashion

Last night I went to the movies and watched the second film in the Hunger Games series, Catching Fire. As it is always colder in the cinemas, I opted for a slightly warmer alternative. I decided to pair my newly purchased vertical striped, three-quarter length pants with a simple black top. As always, I felt that I needed to add an extra pop of colour, so I wore a pair of hot pink leather brogues that I got handmade in Vietnam about 2 years ago, but are starting to come into fashion again. To complete my look I wore my prescription glasses and my hair in a side braid, embracing my inner Katniss Everdeen. I also bought my sister a mockingjay pin for her birthday, as she is also in love with the series, so I felt that it was the final touch to my evening look.
Pants: ASOS Just Female Striped High Waisted Skinny Jeans (Black/White) - Small
Pin: Ebay Mockingjay Pin
The Movie Verdict
Upon leaving the cinema, I felt like it was my first chance I had had to reflect on the movie, as there had been so much crammed (in a good way) in 146 minutes. The whole film was action packed, never having a slight lull in the storyline, as all of the information was vital to the plot. I loved this as it meant that I was never bored and continually entranced within the dystopian world.

I am not a massive reader but when I stumbled upon the Hunger Games books awhile ago, I couldn't put this fantastic story down. So when I heard about these novels being turned into films, I could barely contain my excitement! The cast for the movie is phenomenal, having Jennifer Lawrence portraying the strong heroine Katniss Everdeen flawlessly. She is accompanied by the adorable Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark and fellow Australian Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne. All of the more minor roles are also fantastically executed, bringing the whole franchise to life.

The second book has always been my favourite, so I couldn't wait to see how it would be captured on the big screen, and I was not disappointed. The visual effects were outstanding, making the audience feel as though at times they were in the arena with the other tributes. Everything was bigger and better than the first movie. At the end of the film, I was so hyped up and in the most inspirational mood. I felt like I wanted to start my own revolution. That's what a great movie does, makes you think and evaluate your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment