Sunday 6 October 2013

Church Bells Ringing.

I have only ever been to one wedding in my life, however I was only about two years old and have no recollection of the event. So on October 5th, 2013, I attended the beautiful wedding of my eldest cousin to her now husband.

Choosing an outfit for a wedding is always difficult and it is important that you dress to suit the occasion. For the day I decided upon a short cocktail dress from Princess Polly. I have had this dress for a few months and when I spotted it online I thought it would be the perfect clothing choice. With my dress I wore a pair of tan, strappy wedges that I have had for years and are probably on their last legs. However I can't throw them out as they are so god dam comfy. As the wedding was an afternoon event, I decided to keep the makeup very natural looking as I didn't wanted to have anything too dramatic. For my hair I did a high bun, as it was a windy day and I didn't want to constantly be worrying about my hair. When accessorising my outfit, I again chose to keep it simple. I wore a pair of rose gold square earrings which I purchased from Sportsgirl.
Dress: Lift Love Up - Size 12

The ceremony was a small and intimate service held in a beautiful white chapel, with only close friends and family attending. We all waited in anticipation for the bride and bridal party to arrive, while the groom nervously shuffled at the alter. Then the moment was upon us and the music began playing. Everyone turned to see the brides dress and we weren’t disappointed. My eldest cousin looked absolutely beautiful in a high-necked, lace dress and many tears were shed throughout the ceremony. And yes, that is the ring bearer at the front in a suit. It was pure perfection.

The decorations were stunning, as the rustic country theme was perfectly incorporated into the bush art gallery reception. The couple included many personalised and interactive decorations, putting their spin on the wedding.

As the sun set on the beautiful country location, music filled the air of the reception. Some lovely speeches were given, making us laugh and cry. It was lovely to see how other people perceived the newlyweds relationship and had watched their friendship blossom into love. Many of my elder relatives found their dancing shoes and decided that they preferred to be on the dance floor than in their seats. The cake was baked and decorated by the grooms mother and was extremely scrumptious. It looked as though it should have been in the window of a high-end bakery.

All in all the wedding was an absolutely beautiful day. I wish the bride and groom and lifetime of happiness and best wishes for their new life together.

"Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Till death do us part is the length."

No comments:

Post a Comment