Thursday 3 October 2013

Monthly Favourites | September

This is a monthly blog post I think that I will do, showing you all what I have been loving over the month. I know it's a little after Septemeber, but oh well. Being the first month of Spring for the Southern Hemisphere, September brings the heat back to Australia. This month in particular seems to have been particularly hot, feeling more like a mid-summer day.

The Colour Coral
This would have to be one of my all time favourite colours. I feel that it is just such a beautiful tone that makes you feel happy when you wear it. Every year it seems that I have a new favourite pastel item of clothing, and I think it's because it's just so easy to pair with accessories and very versatile. Coral is a perfect colour for spring as it reminds me of flowers beginning to bloom.
My first coral purchase was this cropped, collared t-shirt that I bought online from Topshop. It was only £29, which at the time was about AU$42. I have been pairing it with either white or denim shorts and accessorising with silver jewellery. It is such a lovely lightweight material, which is perfect for the hot days in Australia.
Shortsleeve Geo Burnout Shirt (Pink) - Size 10
Next is this cute coral bag that I purchased from Witchery. When I first saw the bag it was $100 and even though I liked it, I was not willing to pay that much for a small bag. However I couldn't get this bag out of my head as I thought it would be a really cute accessories to brighten a spring outfit. So I went into Witchery prepared to pay when to my happy surprise the bag had been heavily reduced to $56. It has honestly been the saviour of my wardrobe, as well as an absolute bargain  and I am so glad that I bought it. I seem to be wearing a lot of monochromatic clothes at the moment, so adding a pop of colour to my outfit really helps to add another level.
Sammy Cross Body Bag (Tangelo)
Jo Malone Perfume
I am not a massive perfume person, as I find most fragrances to be quite overpowering. But the other day I was looking at some other fashion blogs and I kept seeing this brand Jo Malone pop up. So I decided to do some research and I found out that you can buy it here in Australia. So I went into a department store with a Jo Malone section and I instantly fell in love. I ended up spending a good chunk of my day smelling the different scents and I finally decided on the flavour English Pear & Freesia. It smells phenomenal! It has such a fresh scent, so I think it will be a perfect way to complete your summer look. It is not the most affordable purchase, being $90 for the small bottle, but I highly recommend you at least go and smell the different scents.
English Pear and Freesia Cologne - 30mL
Sheppard
I have been absolutely loving this Brisbane band over the entire month of September. If I had to classify their music sound, I think I would have to say it is a mix of Indie and Pop. They have recently had huge success with their debut album Let Me Down Easy, being played on national radio. The band was first discovered on Triple J Unearthed, a website for artists and bands to post their music and gives the public the opportunity to rate it. At the moment the band of brothers and sisters only has an EP out, which is actually amazing. I can't wait for their debut album and I highly encourage you to go check out their youtube channel and listen to their music. It gives off such a great summer vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment